Jump to navigation Jump to search
Since 2003 our family has been using Saladmaster products.
Fried Chicken in Electric Skillet
- Preheat electric skillet to 425.
- Wash chicken (skin is optional but I like the taste of crunchy skin)
- Lay the pieces on a clean paper towel to drain the water. Cover with another towel and press the towel down onto the chicken.
- When skillet is preheated, throw the cold meat into the hot pan, one piece at a time, pressing each piece down. It will stick.
- Place the lid onto the pan leaving just a little space open so the air can circulate. I use a toothpick to facilitate a little space.
- Let the chicken fry, undisturbed, for 10 minutes.
- At 10 minutes place lid on skillet for 2 min. so moisture can get under chicken to help turn easily.
- Take the lid off, turn the chicken with a fork, season the chicken (try lemon pepper or seasoning salt and (optional) one sprig of fresh Rosemary placed on top of the chicken).
- Place the lid on the skillet ajar. Lower heat to 350. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and serve hot.
Please note that boneless chicken will cook faster. Set temperature at 400 and cook 6-8 minutes per side.