Structured Cable Systems
Home Structured Cable System
Since this is retrofit on existing 20+ year old house I decided to securely bolt 3/4" plywood to wall and build a distribution center. The metal panels from various vendors would have been nice but the costs did not outweigh the benefits. When we build a new house some day I'll get the fancy distribution panels.
I'll post details once I'm done.
Universal Patch Panel Mounting for patch panel mounting
Cables & Wires
Cat5e cables (data [blue] & voice [white])
- One Box CAT5e solid core UTP 1000' Blue
- One Box Coaxial RG6 Quad Shield UL 1000' Reel
Carlon for cable conduit
I calculated minimum length of conduit (added some overage):
2" @ 142'
3/4" @ 122'
Carlon Resi-Gard Flexible Raceway
- Need three standard length coils of 2" P/N SCJ4X1C-100 50'
- Need two standard length coil of 3/4" P/N SCE4X1-100 100' length
Carlon Conduit Clamps:
- 30 3/4" P/N SCE977EC and 30 2" P/N SCE977JC
- 20 Carlon Standard Couplings 2" P/N SCE940J
- 10 Carlon Quick Connect Couplings 3/4" P/N SCA240E
ABA Cable for bulk cable
Rip Tie cable ties
10 QuickPort Multimedia Outlet System (MOS) Flush-Mount Single Gang Wallplates
- Four P/N 41290-SME (Color Black)
- Five P/N 41290-SMT (Color Light Almond) (Missing from Leviton PDF)
- One P/N 41290-SMW (Color White)
- Five Black 2-port P/N 41291-2QE
- Seven Black Blank Modules P/N 41291-1BE
- Six Light Almond 2-port P/N 41291-2QT (Missing from Leviton PDF)
- One Light Almond 1-port P/N 41291-1MT (Missing from Leviton PDF)
- Eight Light Almond Blank Modules P/N 41291-1BT (Missing from Leviton PDF)
- One White 2-port P/N 41291-2QW
- Two White Blank Modules P/N 41291-1BW
- Five White Compression F-Connectors P/N 40782-CPF (prefer different colors but Leviton website only has white)
- One Bulk Package of 25 Orange GigaMax 5e Connectors P/N 5G108-24O (Part number is different on Leviton PDF which is 5G108-BO5)
- Five White QuickPort Snap-In Connectors Voice Grade P/N 40836-BW
Need 10 Carlon Old Work Brackets P/N SC100RR 1-Gang
Wiring web pages
I used T-568B standard for wiring all UTP cabling.